After you have submitted your International Student application form, there are several more details to which you need to attend. (Hint: You may wish to print this page!)
References can now be submitted via webform. You are responsible for providing these web links to each of your three references. We recommend that you simply email the following links to those respective references:
- [_] Academic Reference  (http://www.bethanyseminary.edu/admissions/apply/reference/academic )
- [_] Church Reference  (http://www.bethanyseminary.edu/admissions/apply/reference/church )
- [_] Personal Reference  (http://www.bethanyseminary.edu/admissions/apply/reference/personal )
Please print these forms for completion:
- [_] Transcript Request Form 
- [_] Sponsorship Form 
- [_] Financial Sponsor Form 
- [_] Financial Worksheet 
- [_] MA Program Application  (required for MA applicants only)
- [_] Background Check Instructions and FBI Check Form  (required for applicants already living in the United States only)
Please mail these forms, and have all transcripts mailed directly to:
Bethany Theological Seminary
615 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374
(NOTE: Transcripts must be mailed directly to Bethany Admissions
by the person or the institution completing them, not from an applicant.)
[_] You may pay your application fee now.
(Alternatively, you may mail a check for $50.00, made out to Bethany Theological Seminary, to the address above.)
[_] TEOFL must be taken with the score sent directly to Bethany. Our school code is 1061. We require a minimum score of 218 for the computerized test, 81 on the iBT (internet-based test). Within that score, we require a minimum of 23 for the writing section and a minimum of 21 for the reading section. If English is the primary language of instruction for your country, you may request to have the TEOFL requirement waived.
[_] Submit two essays on your personal and professional goals in seeking theological education. Further instructions for these essays can be found by clicking here .
You may submit your formatted essay via email as an attached MS-Word (.doc or .docx), WordPerfect (.wpd), Open Office (.odt), rich-text format (.rtf), or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file to Amy Gall Ritchie, at firstname.lastname@example.org ; or you may mail printed copies to the address above.
Final Steps for the Admissions Process:
Once all of the materials are completed and received, the Admissions Committee will meet to make their determination. You will be notified by letter. Please refer to the chart on the Apply Now page  for deadlines.
I-20 Form for Visa Application:
Once admission is determined, we will begin to work on the SEVIS I-20 form. It is the responsibility of the international student to secure an appointment with the United States Embassy in their country, and to pay the SEVIS fee as required. Prior to the issuance of the I-20 form, we must have:
- Financial sponsor form, signed and notarized
- Documentation from sponsor (i.e. tax forms, bank statements)
- $1,500 deposit, to be kept on account for emergency air fare
We are glad to walk with you through this process. For assistance, please contact:
Amy Gall Ritchie, Director of Student Development
email@example.com  765- 983-1806