Bethany Seminary is seeking a part-time project director with education and experience in financial planning and program implementation to fulfill the aims of a grant received from Lilly Endowment Inc. This appointment will be renewed annually for up to three years. The grant will fund research to identify the unique financial challenges for Bethany students in the local and distance programs and to design and implement ways Bethany can better prepare and support students and alumni/ae to face the economic challenges of pastoral ministry.
The director’s duties will include
• overseeing the collection of new data outlined in the grant narrative;
• presenting research findings to Bethany staff and faculty (and
others, as needed);
• introducing students to new ideas about “simple living”;
• connecting students with career counseling resources;
• increasing student awareness of available outside financial aid and sources of funding for seminary;
• exploring bivocational ministry preparation at Bethany and throughout the denomination;
• facilitating financial education for Bethany staff and faculty;
• establishing new programs to strengthen the financial literacy of students;
• informing alumni/ae of financial stewardship resources available to them;
• compiling grant reports;
• assessing grant initiatives.
Candidates should have strong organizational abilities, good interpersonal skills, and excellent financial expertise. A bachelor’s degree is required. Additional education and familiarity with the values of the Church of the Brethren is preferred. Copies of the grant can be requested by contacting Brenda Reish at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Letters of interest and a resume should be mailed to Project Director Search, Bethany Theological Seminary, 615 National Road West, Richmond, IN 47374 or sent electronically to email@example.com .
Application deadline is January 31, 2014, or until the position is filled.
Bethany Theological Seminary does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.