Some of our time at EYC will be spent learning in college-level classes. To make the most of this opportunity, we are asking you to write an essay of about 750 words in length on one of these two questions.
1) In his letter to the Romans, the Apostle Paul writes: “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…” (12:2).
Describe in some detail a transformation that has taken place in your life. As part of your answer, tell us:
* How this transformation changed your thinking and outlook on life; and
* How this transformation affected other people, such as your family, friends or people in the church.
-- OR --
2) In depicting how God promises to help people find direction in life, the prophet Isaiah writes: “When you turn to the right or to the left, your ears shall hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it’” (Isaiah 30:21).
Describe some ways that people, including yourself, have been able to hear God’s “voice.”
* How has God spoken to you and to people you know?
* Is it hard to tell whether a direction is really coming from God?