- Prospective Students
- Bethany Community
- Alumni & Supporters
Mission and Vision
Bethany Theological Seminary equips spiritual and intellectual leaders with an Incarnational education for ministering, proclaiming, and living out God's shalom and Christ's peace in the church and world.
Incarnational education at Bethany Theological Seminary is:
- Grounded in Jesus Christ, as the Incarnation of God's reconciling love
- Founded on Scripture, read in community, guided by the Spirit, for discerning wisdom, ethics, and theology
- Rooted in distinctive Anabaptist and Pietist traditions of the Church of the Brethren
- Experienced in a curriculum that explores the comprehensive gospel of Christ's salvation using multiple communication formats
- Practiced in spiritual disciplines, intellectual inquiry, Christian discipleship, and cross-cultural engagements that bear fruit where God is working toward shalom
- Committed to preparation for ministry in a variety of models and settings: congregational life, pastoral leadership, theological education, each engaged locally and globally at the intersections of the church and the world
- Embodied in transformed and joyful service that integrates the values of simplicity, community, reconciliation, and care for creation.
Our Mission and Vision are enhanced by partnerships with the Earlham School of Religion and those that make educational opportunities accessible in other locations: graduate courses through the Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center and nongraduate study and continuing education through the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership and SVMC.
Adopted by the Bethany Board of Trustees, October 2009